Preston Interior Designers participate in all project phases, working closely with architects in studio, to facilitate project objectives. This may include, but is not limited to: programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and furniture specification.
- Design development of conceptual design with Principals and designers.
- Create drawings from the beginning and manage construction documents thru CA in Revit.
- Create interior renderings in Revit.
- Finish, furnishings and material selections and specifications.
- Design product research with development of specifications.
- Working in Revit (legacy work may involve AutoCAD).
- Managing RFIs and shop drawings.
- Space planning.
- Producing, reviewing and redlining PDFs.
- Ensuring integration into overall design.
- Coordinating design objectives with Architects, Engineers, vendors and consultants.
- Developing and drawing details for interiors projects.
- Acquiring cost estimates and produces final estimates.
- Previous work experience at an architectural firm.
- 2+ years of Revit.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of Interior Design.
- Strong space planning skills.
- Strong knowledge of design principles.
- Understanding of construction and interior architecture.
- Knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and other Microsoft products such as Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Working knowledge of Lumion a plus.
- Experience in high rise, midrise, garden multifamily and hospitality projects preferred.
- Excellent communication, positive minded, and collaborative spirit.